Monday, June 25, 2012

Menu Plan Monday!

Welcome to Monday and the last week of June already! Wow did June fly by or is it just me? I think it might be because in our area the warm weather still has not arrived so it has been cold and a little bit rainy. More like soup and chili weather. I am hoping that since summer weather is late that maybe when it does arrive it will stick around until the middle of October. Wishful thinking I know but hey...one can hope! :)  One of my best tips for saving money is being organized in the kitchen and the easiest tip there is to meal plan. I shop once a week because we like a lot of fresh produce, and try and eat whole foods and from scratch cooking for the most part. But hey ordering an occasional pizza is fun too! When I make my menu I first shop what I have in the house, and freezer. I do a lot of freezer cooking but that is another post for another day. Until then here is my menu plan for this week. :

Monday: 
  • Breakfast:  Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal
  • Lunch:       Taco Soup & Chips
  • Dinner:      Spaghetti, Strawberry Spinach Salad & Garlic Bread
Tuesday:
  • Breakfast:  Smoothies & Toast
  • Lunch:       Egg Salad Sandwiches, Carrot sticks & apples
  • Dinner:      fruit salad & Baked Chicken Taquitos 
Wednesday:
  • Breakfast:  Cereal & Fruit
  • Lunch:        Leftovers & salad
  • Dinner:      Pancakes w/strawberries and fresh whipped cream, eggs, and hashbrowns (breakfast for dinner!)
Thursday: 
  • Breakfast:  Smoothies & cinnamon toast
  • Lunch:       Tuna Casserole, green beans, and fruit
  • Dinner:      Hamburgers & homemade chips
Friday:
  • Breakfast:  Oatmeal & hardboiled eggs
  • Lunch:       Hotdogs, baked beans, and carrot salad
  • Dinner:     fries & Apple Cheddar Turkey Paninis 

There you have it! All of you have a wonderful week, and be sure to check out Org Junkie  for more menu plans!

Have an Organized Day!
Jen  

No comments:

Post a Comment